Tuesday 23 July 2019

Ada Obim.


It is yet election day,
But you have won your way
To ruling my universe.
With no thumbprints, or
Ballot papers,
You have rigged the very seat
Of my soul.
And with no Coronation,
You have become the Queen of my heart.

How I swept you off your feet,
Only Ndi APC can explain.
In you I have a lover, mother,
A cover, my umbrella, my strength,
My power to the people.
Ada Obim,
If only I was a member of APGA,
Maka Chukwu,
The taste of Okuko,
Will never leave your memory.

And in these days of subsidy, and scarcity,
Nne, gbacha nkiti,
I will fetch for you,
Dried angala and mushrooms from Akwete.
I will draw for you,
Everlasting water from the river of life.
I will thread the oil mill,
Harvest fresh cassava
And prepare for you,
A tasty pot of Abacha.
Allocated with onions,
Fried fish, garden eggs, kanda
Ugba, and utazi.
And after a jolly full stomach,
We lie side by side,
Gazing at the stars.
In HOPE for change or transformation.

And though we fight, or
Quarrel sometimes.
Ada Obim,
I assure you of zero opposition.
No tribunal, or appeal or supreme Court
Can nullify this love.
No need for re- election
No campaign, or rallies
No need for posters.
You Win!
Asa,
You have already won.
E dela aha gi, na Obim.     

                       
Poem by TSM.     

No comments:

Post a Comment